Who We Serve
Milagro House opens its doors to all qualified women and their children experiencing homelessness, regardless of their age, race, religious affiliation, sexual preference. Our program is for women who are expecting, have custody of their children, or are in the process of regaining custody of their children.
(Please note: boys over twelve years old may not reside at Milagro House.)
In order to be accepted into the Milagro House program, a woman must:
- Be currently experiencing homelessness
- Have the desire to further her education and establish a career for herself
- Agree to follow ALL the rules of Milagro House, including those related to chores and cleaning, education, and curfew.
Click here to download the Resident Application.
Milagro House has grown considerably since 1998, when our first families arrived at our small house on South Christian Street in Lancaster City. We now own both sides of the 300 block of South Christian Street as well as a large home at the corner of West Chestnut and College Avenue in the west end of town, as well as our Education Center at 510 Howard Avenue.
Each family has their own room and they share living spaces, kitchens and bathrooms. There are also laundry facilities on-site as well as play spaces indoors and out for the kids.
Milagro House is not an emergency shelter. If you are in need of immediate assistance, please contact one of the following agencies listed below:
- Water Street Ministries:
- Domestic Violence Services of Lancaster County:
- TLC (Transitional Living Center):
- CHOC (Community Homeless Outreach Center):
- Winter Emergency Shelter (December-March):